View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 08:55 AM

I am really stoked on how this is all going. This process we are on will be the easiest of the hurdles.

Getting signs built and installed will be yet another task but we all seem up to the challenge.

I also like the approach that is being taken towards the ID tags. Again it can't hurt. I think we have to think of this like a campaign. There will be those that don't want to get involved and the "that is fine" attitude followed by some discussion may sway riders to support the idea. I think it will just take some time to get everyone on board especially if they start to see the benefits of it out on the water and on land.

Small detail but if we are going with colors maybe Green should be used for experienced riders with the idea of "green light go ahead" and possible yellow for the beginner with the idea of "caution, watch out". Not to mention a bright neon yellow is much more visible. Red could be used for instructors with no idea except maybe "Hey, stop the hell what ya doin!!!" Just kidding.

On a side note, I want to shout out to Rick for the use of this forum. I think his original goal for this forum was to share ideas about safety. Well Rick, mission accomplished. This is a much more productive way of accomplishing goals especially with everyone's busy schedules. Someone asked when the next meeting is....well it seems we are meeting everyday and it is going well.