View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 02:59 AM
Can't Re-member

Quote:
First- the only way the county would be involved would be to keep a logbook of who is riding in Ft. Desoto at the office. A ONE TIME per season registration would provide them with a signed waiver of liability and emergency contact info. I have ridden with all of you for years, but if anyone of you got hurt, I wouldnt have a clue who to call. NONE of us would. We all have each others cell numbers in our phone, which is fairly useless in an emergency situation. Let's be prepared..

Second- I have suggested kiters insurance for LIABILITY purposes only. Is 89.00 per year too much for peace of mind? Suppose no leash guy at the Skyway had his kite go into the road and caused an accident? His liability ins. would cover it. What if it decapitated someones child with his kite lines? Wouldnt you feel better knowing that the childs family would at least get something for their loss? You guys all spend 2000 or more per season on new gear, and you dont have 89.00?

These are exactly the rules for bieng allowed to ride at Crandon Park, Miami. Except that you missed one. Over there they also Make you wear a helmet in addition to signing in at the park office B 4 U go kiting and having insurance + IKO cert.