View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion_dark View Post
Ohh ok thanks. I didn't know what brand or year they were. I plan to use the 2002 SS bar for a 12M C kite because I have sheetability and can depower easier. Yeah I want to buy new leader lines for it but I have been searching online but I can't find any place that sells them?

Is it possible to take the power/depower strap from the Best bar and set it up on the SS bar??? I would rather have the strap than the clam cleat because it seems more secure, easier to use, and appears to be the defacto standard. Is it possible to put a new chicken loop on there as well? Like basically I know how to assemble most of the bar but the thing that gets me is how to attach a depower strap and metal rings. Basically, I figure that when the depower strap is attached to the chicken line (as in when it is being produced in a factory when first made), like its basically sewn with like an industrial sowing machine or something like that. Know any industrial sewing machine places in south florida? lol. I may sound confusing but if you need clarification I can put up pictures to help explain what I am talking about.

Not sure what you mean by defacto. Many companies still use the clam cleat including Slingshot, Naish, GK, North, etc... You only adjust it once or twice. In order to use a strap, you would be better off replacing the depower line and C-loop as well. You can attach the depower strap to the metal ring by tying a bowline knot only. (won't slip) Make sure the throw on the bar isn't any shorter than it is already. No sewing machine necessary. Look up the knot on-line if your not sure. Give a call to Otherside Boardsports and we can see if we can find you some leaders. I do however agree with Ricki and think you should think about replacing the whole depower system and replacing it with an updated release.

oTHErside Boardsports
(305)853-9728
Florida Keys