Thread: Kite INSURANCE
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 10:11 PM

So far the IKO insurance is the only one offering liability coverage at a very decent rate which most of riders can afford. wether or not they do cover entirely or partially , i guess nobody want to expericence it , but at least it makes thinsg easier to negociate with the authorities to prevent Bans on some public beach and maintain access when liability risks are an issue.

this is what saved the riding access to all individual kiters in Crandon.
The insurance is mandatory , but we can ride !

Now i can inform you that IKO did found an Insurance to cover Kitesurfing School and Instrcutors teaching in the USA/Canada.
I still want to confirm the contacts and insuracne Cies with IKO before releasing any name. but we did received several quotes at 40% off the price First Flight were charging so far as they had no concurrence yet.

As an IKO Examiner, i have been training over 30 Instrcutors in the past 2 years, and this was a bit an issue for all new instrcutors who wish to teach in all legal and covered ways.
PASA had a sort of exclusive agreement with First Flight group through Lloyds of london . why it took so much time before they recognized IKO instrcutors , i don't know, maybe somebody well engaged in PASA may know ?

SO THE GOOD NEWS IS NOW THAT ANY IKO INSTRUCTOR CAN TEACH COVERED AS WELL AS PASA INSTRUCTOR, SO nobody has excuses any more. when doing business , do it right , at least for the community around you.
If people give you money to teach them, it makes sense to pay back a bit to offer them coverage in return . it's a minimum investment which brings back credibility before them and mostly before authorities that you will have to deal with .

Christophe Ribot