View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks Chris. I do appreciate it the support.

As far as certification, Randy has taught for the shop for quite a long time with no certification, nor was he interested to get one. We are sorry to loose him but it now allows us to move in the right direction which is better for all.

As in my last profession, a teaching certificate does not guarantee you will be an effective teacher. I knew plenty of teachers that couldn't teach to save their lives let alone others. I look forward to working with Paul Menta and seeing how he does things especially from a boat and away from danger.

I certainly don't expect anyone to think that teaching marching band relates to teaching kiting but I was very good at what I did in that arena. And it is teaching lots of mechanical skills and judgement. I had a 3 time Florida State champ band, and traveled around the country teaching some of the best of the best in an ESPN arena. I am not just your average teacher, but someone that goes the extra mile to achieve excellence at a very high level. One of the reasons I left teaching is I achieved too much too quickly. Call it burnout. I went hard at it and fell fast.

Watersports has been a passion of mine since I was a kid and so was teaching. Now I get to combine both of my passions and I am looking forward to this new chapter in my life. It has been a natural progression.

I do appreciate the advice, and believe me we are covering ourselves legally. But we are excited about moving towards PASA certification.

Finally, I don't see how teaching close friends is any less of an issue than teaching strangers. It is still a responsibility and a trip to the hospital wouldn't be any easier. If anything, it would be even harder to see them get hurt.

Steve-O