View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 09:24 AM

Default Circumnavigated St. Pete Beach

Got some great new SUP's for the summertime from East Coast Paddleboarding located over in Jupiter decided we'd try our luck with a long distance paddle amidst the summer storms. Myself and four other local tampa kiters (wells, john, ty, and erick) started from the wharf in Pass-A-Grille and went north on the intercostal to blinds pass then back south on the gulf to the southern tip of the Grille and back up to the wharf, totaled about 12 miles i think and definitely saw a wide array of marine life, rays, dolphin, tarpon, bait bait bait & more bait, as well as a shark or two in the passes.

Great way to exercise and spend a saturday, the cooler we brought was a life saver, i'll make sure to bring a camera next time we're thinking about eggmont key. Let us know if anyones interested in going the distance!

I give up i can't figure out how to link a google map but all of st pete beach from 20th ave on pass-a-grille way north and back again if you want to see it.

Last edited by TritonKiteboarding; 06-30-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: I can't spell