View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Ken,

Was it a Portuguese that hit you? Did you have any reaction other than "damn that hurts!" I am recalling what you went through on the way to Bimini. Also, 42 mph before a wave, yow that is cooking. Did you splat at the end or ride it out?

Hey Neil, how many times did Hamish beach to pump up by mouth? I recall doing the leading edge of 23 m once on the beach in Boca that had me seeing stars. Did a 5 m once in major surf the day after a hurricane just to get into shore, amusing stuff. Getting in successfully and landing with a saggy unruly kite in yesterday's high winds and surf, mouth inflating a kite until you're dizzy repeatedly is almost beyond belief.

Kent what sort of board speed could you maintain well offshore on your 10 m? I know conditions were highly variable with smooth corridors opening up once in a while between sets. Still, often enough just once you get cooking some big comber comes in to be dodged, ridden over or grab your butt for a turn in the spin cycle.

A clip about Gebi's ride south, visiting shoreside involuntarily before coming in with a very respectful fourth place.

It sounds like there are a ton of bizarre and exciting experiences on the way south, so tell us about it.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 01-22-2008 at 03:24 PM.