View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default It's History and What a Ride! What do you remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Just wondering if any one has some good pics of the event? My Dad told me my lil' Bro won. But the 3 pics he had were not the best detail.

I'm not really into water sports or anything, but I'm sure my Brother will drag me out eventually. Until then I just signed on here hoping for pics and such of the event, and to try and understand this sport that he's into. (I'm more into wheeled sports)

Thanks in advance

Congratulations, amazing performance for a first win. He was up against some very experienced talent, high winds and good sized seas and still pulled it off. His time, 2 hr. 17 min. equates to an average speed of about 25 mph. To keep that up through gust cycles, zones of seas up to perhaps nine feet in isolated areas is quite an accomplishment. I took a quick look and other than some fuzzy video shot at the finish I don't seem to have any shots. I think there is likely lots of high quality video and stills shot by Dasher from the helicopter and others at the awards ceremony which I unfortunately had to miss. So, stay tuned, more good stuff to come.

Well done to everyone that came out for this great event! A huge thanks to Neil and troops for pulling it off one more time.

Whether you went the full distance or not, were just watching or came in hard and furious for the finish, what do you remember? There have to be some incredible stories out there, so let's hear 'em.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi