Thread: sunday gameplan
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 07:29 PM

The accident definitely makes it difficult to say that today was an epic day.

all kiting brothers and sisters need to able to walk off the beach on their own accord to fall into that category. I didnt see it happen but I talked to Kasper that witnessed it from a distance of 20ft and it sounded too typical .. slip, kite powers up briefly and its over in 3 seconds. I really hope he is OK. most on the beach seemed to think it was def. a broken arm/wrist.. rumors of a head injury (no helmet I believe). anyone with more details, please post.

as per kiting today..
out on the waroo 12m by 11am.. light but kitable.. most on 15+ sized kites. When it started to really kick in (before it got nuts) i got in about 15 minutes on the waroo fully powered.. first time I've got to fly this baby at its top end and HOLY SHEEEIT I have never jumped higher or floated longer. Amazing..

I had a moment of clarity and thought "If it kicks up anymore, I am not going to be having a good time" so I quickly headed in.. moments after landing everyone else was clearing the water and WOOOOSH the wind came in. Of course, Billy took that as his cue and rigged his 9 and hit the water .. it looked hectic .. i got some footage of him .. it was so windy I could barely stand and film. the gusts were knocking the tripod over .. got a few choice shots and will post those ASAP.. (capturing video to my PC right now)...

it lightend up a bit and some others headed out to join Billy in the gusty conditions.. I put up a 9m waroo ... was hesitant to do so.. by far the most wind I have ever kited in.. very very tenative on the first few tacks ..but the waroo really took the gusts in stride and I never once felt over powered or at least to the point where i couldnt sheet out and control the power.

the accident on the beach happened during this time....

the water filled with kiters and i think for about an hour and a half the conditions were gusty but solid and everyone was having a great time. tired does not describe how i feel. ..

Ill get that video up ...hopefully have a little something tonight..

all thoughts out to Chili on a quick recovery.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa