View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Hypertype LInk switchblade 2

I was up in Michigan this weekend for the king of the great lakes and I got to try all the new kites so i figured i let you in ont the secrets of 07.

Hypertype:
Of the three this was my favorite, i flew the 12 felt like an ION mixed with an answer. responisve turning and light bar pressuremake the feel similair to an ion. Very fast and a great kite to unhook with. The 12 has the power of a 15C easy. It pulls when unhooked though. killer bag and bar, although the bar is high quality it isnt as easy to relauch as a XB or SB. ONE PUMP and great construction.

Link
I flew the 15,I want to remind everyone this is my POV not anyone elses so try be4 you buy. The link was quick for a 15 and had light bar pressure and along with another great bar with 1:1 with that cool stopper. Negatives, for me it didnt boost very high and it had less power than my 15 fusion right around the same as my 12, when i unhooked it would stall.
If you want to cruise it was great but as far as trix i was not impressed. Top notch construction and one pump.

SB2
I flew the 12 right after the link and was just as powere. One pump extremely nice bar. 1:1 great eas override way nicer than last years and alot cleaner with a better grip. When I heard this kite was 1:1 i thought that the would make it less flat and really appeal to wake guys but for some reason they made it actually flatter. It was faster more responsive and lighter feel compared to last years so thats a +. Boost were normal of the SB1 and unhooking was far better no akward bar feel more like a C. The 12 had trouble looping. It looped very slow, making kitloop handlepass variations difficult for me. Even Leroy complained. Overall a good kite.

Any Questions? Ill be glad to answer them.