View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent View Post
I'm heading over if the sea conditions allow. Boy, if that little bugger is swimming that close to me on May 2nd, he'll be dancing on the end of my spear!

They actually have a chef coming over to teach us how to cook these guys. I guess that they taste pretty good. It's different from Blow fish for example in that the poison is only in the barbs and not actually in the fish.

May is a great time for the Bahamas, I can't wait.
Sounds like a plan and hope the wx cooperates for your crossings. Yes, preparing blowfish can be a dodgy proposition. Slice a bit too deep or in the wrong area and instant toxin tainted fillets. As I recall, the symptoms victims exhibit helped a roving researcher doped out some of the active ingredients in "zombie powder" in Haiti. Not only did the cookers use blowfish venom but also strong alkaloids from toads. Hey, no toad licking here!

May have posted this before, it is pretty amusing and I usually avoid cooking shows like the plague. Still, it shows one means of culinary conquest of the Volatins.

Somebody wrote lionfish taste like grouper?! Could be a whole new market. Hey Kent, they got zombie powder at Bimini Bay for guests? Bomba Shack has full moon mushroom tea, could start a fad.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi