Thread: Thursday?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstock
I wish it were as simple as a fracture.

I chopped the tendon on the shin. You know, like the achillies but on the front. It's the one that pulls your foot up and down at the ankle. While I was limping around it tore and my foot was immediately pulled down fully because of the tension on the achilies..

I have been up all night writhing in pain. Painkillers are doing very little. At this point I cannot move my foot. In fact, I can't even feel my foot. All I can feel is pins and needles below the ankle. I can move my toes though which is good.

The ankle however I can feel... it including calf, knee, theigh and left buttox are in intense pain. Imagine the worst muscle spasm of your life (the ones that make you drop to the ground) in every muscle of your leg, never ending.

The pain killers help but even after that help I can't do much but groan and hold my breath as it throbs. I still have not been able to sleep.

this sucks. I can tell now that I am going to need surgery and I am not going to be riding for a long time.

The best part is that I was free to ride all weekend up through tuesday, and my 12m waroo will probably arrive in the mail tomorrow.

F@#$.

Really sorry to hear that Tom, must have had something to do with those nasty Best bow kites! (JUST KIDDING). But I sincerely feel bad man. Last year when I cut my palm and had to get stitches (not even close to the severity of what this sounds like), I was out for just a month or so and it felt like an eternity. Really sorry this happened to you man, wish it weren't so bad...