View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 06:32 AM

Default dominican report

well after a long day of flying I got here,
the wind was 15 to18kts went straight down to kitebeach for a ride.
I was totaly intimidated by how manny other riders there was and the crazyness of the chaos with the locals pulling f16's 1/2 a lines length away from shore.
(Rick would of had a heart attatck.)
anyways went for a ride hit the waves , it was allot like goodman's bay chop
but with a few decent waves.
I'm staying at ali's surf camp ( http://www.alissurfcamp.com )for $25 per night in a little no frills hut.(free breakfast and dinner good food)
there is a pick service here that takes you surfing 3 sessions a day starting at 6:30 am in the morning.
lots of young back packers living at the hotel ,(good friendly scene)
if you guys think the driving is bad in Nassau man this place kills it.
for every car there is 20 motter scooters and those dudes also doubles as a taxi,gnarley to jump on the back of one.
I can see why mark got into trouble over here,the chicks are hot and would seem prity easy.
the money is 30 to 1 usd (I think)
the wind seems to be like that summer we had 3 or 4 years ago.
anyways I will report anything new I see or find.
hope there is wind in the Bahamas for you guys.
I can see why riders like this place, it’s cheap to stay here and so far the wind is solid, but to tell you the truth I love our spot blue hill.
There are probably 50 shumans and 50 more Roby d’s here it seem that the ave trick is a kiteloop handle pass really close to shore.
The locals are stoked to ride, they don’t care what kite they ride on wither it be a old c kite or the latest EH kite.
I haven’t met any kooks yet but plenty hustlers and there are way to many lady's of the night here.
Evry1 seems cool it reminds me of Trinidad a bit , the vibe and the tropical feel.
By the way it was 18 to 24 kts today

Later Aj

Last edited by mocean; 07-30-2007 at 05:25 AM. Reason: had to add more to it