Thread: Newbie here....
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 06:50 PM
tomstock

I havent seen it but if there is a Y halfway up, you might hate those lines on a big kite. I used a bar with a 'Y' on the front lines and it was CRAP. It prevented my 18M from opening up, distorting it's profile and causing it to fly REALLY bad. Bad enough that I completely aborted my session and it was blowing a solid 13-15 .

I called up the company and chewed them up and down for being so stupid and for wasting my time and money. Little did I know that was just the beginning of the problems I would have with that bar.

BTW, the company was kiteloose. Dont ever get caught with a kiteloose bar in your quiver. That thing is JUNK.

Oh to answer your question, if there is a Y on the front lines, they need to be longer to meet at the same point when spread out. Spread your lines out the width of a kite, and bring each set of front and back lines together. They should be the same length at that point. If not something isn't right, or there are bridle or leader lines somewhere which may be missing.

\Y/ <----- Like this

-tom