View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 PM

Wow, I just read this now...while i do not think it is the worse proposal, I have a much better, easier, and more profitable one for the city.

I live in MI and have stayed at the hotel right by the spot several times over the years, it has great deals! As a visitor, I do not like the idea of paying $100 for 1 or 2 sessions and some streamer on my kite...

Why don't you just create fines and/or jailtime for kiters that endanger people? These laws already exist for waverunners, and boats. With my plan you do like a $500 fine and you will collect $2000 in only 4 violations. You could ever do jail time or a higher fee...kite compensation and auction, whatever...

It is always a few bad apples ruining it for all of us, that is why the control system you set up should punish the few bad apples, not all the good responsible kiters by making them folk out money, time, and hassle. Let the responsible kiters be and punish the irresponsible ones....

p.s. If you look at my old posts after my trips I was worried about access issues in the future....