View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg meintjes View Post
Maybe we should try and join with the surfrider foundation, although they are surfers(primary) we all want the same thing , and that is to enjoy our sport. There will be differences of course, but they have the numbers and we can also add to there numbers so it could be beneficial.

Greg
Good points Greg. The Surfrider Foundation is well connected, has lobbyists and is making a difference. It is worth noting they gave me a heads up about a efforts to ban kiting in Pompano before any of the local kiters. Also, during one threat to Virginia Key, the represented kiting interests when no one else could make it during the business day. I'm two counties north and none of the local kiters contacted could make the meeting. Anyway, we owe them already is my point.

I've been thinking about trying to more effectively promote what they are trying to do on here. You've helped to shove me off the fence Greg. I will start to repost announcements from the Broward Chapter. Do other folks receive email notices for other counties? We should give them our support, they frequently put out the call for people to help out in their efforts.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi