View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 09:28 PM

Thought about this all day.

First off, it is not drama to me. There is really I guy who I don't really know riding at IRB like a jackass. Let me elaborate as I didn't before. This guy repeadetly crashed his kite near swimmers with one crash on top of swimmers and lines around swimmers. Kite crashing on shorebreak. Cleared an entire avenue of people out of the water.

It is hard to address a person you don't see very often. IRB is not like East Beach or Skyway as far as a "kite spot". With that said, I see the forum as a place to get the word out and keep an eye out for this person. Danny and I am sure others would like to know when a spot is in serious risk. I would define this kiters actions as a serious risk to the sport on IRB.

Each situation is different. This is not a case of everyone standing around at East Beach and everyone hesitant to say something. This is a way to communicate to a handful of people to keep an eye out for this guy. I will leave a name out as I did before, but were talking about a middle aged guy that flies a green SB3. Can't wait to run into him. I have seen him out there so I know who I am looking for.

One final thought....I respect anyone's opinion of how this forum should or shouldn't be used. I have never expressed mine however. If someone wants to post pictures of their model airplane on a kite forum then so be it. Someone want to test a website. Fine. I don't have a problem with that. But I think Rick's original intent of this forum was first a place to discuss safety issues. So please respect my use of the forum. Someone bashing kites on the publics head is a safety issue especially since already one complaint has been filed to the city of IRB. That is not drama, that is real to me and others as well that call IRB home.

This guy is not going to be easy to catch let alone deal with. I need every tool available, and the forum to me has the most power. As I said before, anyone that would like to help out with this, please let me know, especially the local riders of IRB which this original post was intended for.

Scott and others, thanks for your support on this one. I truly appreciate it.