Thread: Where's Bryan?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 07:30 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stock View Post
Bryan is a nice honest guy. I'll stop by the shop and his house and check on it if you don't hear from him today. He has another business installing windows and sometimes forgets his cell phone at the job site. He was probably referring to me as one of his partners... I keep his website up and running for him.
Sorry, despite the glowing reviews here, I find Bryan to be LESS THAN HONEST.

My conversations with Bryan after discovering that the spars were missing and zippers frozen (unlike what he represented on stpetekites.com):

Call #1(after all the attempted calls while he was out of town)

Me - where are the spars?

Bryan - didn't I tell you there weren't any?

Me - no and the ad said complete kite...

Bryan - gee... I thought I told you.

Me - well I have to have some to use the kite and it's going to cost me like $40.

Bryan - hmmm... I didn't really want to sell that kite anyway. You could send it back to me.

Me - how about you PayPal me the $40 for spars. I don't want to pay to ship the kite back to you. I already paid to ship it here.

Bryan - ahhh... I guess.

Me - I'll send the PayPal request tonight.

Bryan - OK

Request sent on June 28... reminder sent last week... nothing.

Call #2

Me - Bryan, you haven't sent me that $40.

Bryan - really, huh, I thought I did.

Me - nope, could you go into PayPal and check it out and send it?

Bryan - yeah... I'll check into it tonight. I've never sent money before...

Me - well I'd appreciate it if you'd take care of this tonight so it doesn't have to go on any longer.

Bryan - OK

STILL NOTHING. Is St. Pete Kites licensed to do business in Florida? Does sending falsely advertized goods out of state constitute mail fraud (a felony)? I'm sure the attorney general of Florida can answer these questions for me.