View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 09:01 AM

bow = more versatile, better low end, larger wind range, lighter bar pressure, better depower, etc etc etc..

telling ya man.. when i tried the waroo in super gusty winds i was SOLD on the bow kite. i had been holding down an 11m C and fighting it all day. i got on Ebones 9m waroo.. it had more power but less pull (if that makes sense).. it was SO much easier to move in the sky and has the ability to stop on a dime by letting out the bar.

The companies sell them as being super safe and 100% depower... well.. that is still the big question as I believe the kite makers have some years of R n D to perfect these babies.. but for now, they are pretty damn close once you understand their tendencies and respect that they still are a dangerous kite.

I can tell you that body dragging to your board on a BOW is beyond easy compared to a C. the ability to sheet out and swim to the board without dropping the kite cuts down on the shark-bait minutes.. seriously..

The ION looks amazing .. I have not got a session in on one..
I am 100% happy with my 12m Waroo. It has allowed me to ride in 12+ winds on a big board and have a blast when it gets to 14+..

there are other high performance BOWs as well.. i simply prefer the ones with simple 4 line bars..

I will definitely be getting a larger BOW .. either an ION or a 2007 Waroo (they are adding battons like the IONs to help trailing edge flutter)

I rode a C kite yesterday and still had a freakin blast. A kite is a kite of course.. i personally just think a BOW gives you more for the $$$ spent.

thats my 2 cents.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa