Thread: sea breeze
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 03:45 PM

Thanks for all the good info. I think a post is going to be my method of choice. I actually woke up early to be able go to the beach before work and hunt out a good spot with a post and found one. Should be away from the crowds as well. Scott, I actually thought about grabbing someone off the beach to help a couple weeks ago cause it was a perfect day and there was a lone beachwalker hanging out, but then i thought back to some of the heated posts on here related to "reckless behavior", and didn't want to be the kook that hurt a grandpa. I actually agree with you, I don't really see that big of a problem with it, since its not that difficult a job and unlikely to lead to an injury. I'm just not comfortable asking someone now, because I'm just freshly done with my lessons and fairly green at this, and I know if something did happen, alot of people would think I was "that kook that didn't know what the hell he was doing". I'm sure once I've proven to everyone around here I'm a safe kiter and have experience under my belt, I wouldn't really be that worried about asking for a nonkiters help.
Hopefully that doesn't spark a debate or a further hijacked thread. Thanks for the help.
Richard