View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 07:13 AM

Richard,

In general for NW sea breezes, the breeze will happen at the beach up to 2 hours before it reaches the b.s. skyway. So the skyway sensor is a waste for what's happening at the beach, and vice versa, it could be cranking at the beach and blowing zero at the skyway. That happens A LOT more than many people might believe.

However, the skyway sensor is fairly reliable for what's happening at the skyway on NW winds. So if it says 17 NW, it's probably close. The Skyway sensor (called C -cut now) is just not so accurate on due Norths and NNEs. It's pretty good on Easts and Ws and NWs. This sounds odd, but the sensor itself is fine, it's more the fact that the wind blows much more out in the bay (where the sensor is) than it does where we ride when it is blowing N, NNE and sometimes NE.

It takes quite a while to pick up on all these little nuances and nothing is written in stone. Cams showing the spots would be the way to go in a perfect world. If you saw caps, you'd know you would be good to go.
As mentioned though, there is cost involved and possible maintenance head aches.
Raul, that'd be cool. I would love to see the outcome.

We have a few people that live along the beaches right now (including my mom). So we have places to mount cams. I don't need one personally, but I can see it helping out a lot of other riders.