View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:29 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
Yes, it seems we are back into wind for a while. How was Brazil, wind, waves, etc.? Where did you go? Welcome back!
Thanks Rick! Glad to be back in the states

I went to the NorthEast part of the country,State of Ceara' just outside of Fortaleza. Talk about a l-o-n-g flight, I'm definatly over any international travel for a while.

As for wind, Definatly it blows EVERYDAY. Side off in the morning (so you could get a surf session in on semi clean wind swell) then around 7am it starts to come on side shore. By 8:30 or 9am EVERYDAY it swings to side to side on shore and continues to pick up all day till around 4 pm then tapers down just a bit. I'd say the wind was between 20-30+kts EVERYDAY. I mostly rode 9 & 10m BEST 08 Nemi HP's

Waves , Yes decent windswell (chest to head high) on the right tides. Nothing to write home about. but fun to kite in none the less. I pretty much mixed up my kiting between the BEST lagoon and the Ocean. It's absolutely amazing to be in a place where you know it's going to be w-i-n-d-y everyday. It really takes the pressure off, unlike South FL where you better be ready at a monents notice.

Once again, I'm glad to have had the chance to go. But I'm stoked to be home.

Yesterday, I took an extra day off to adjust and was treated to some South Florida wind! I got 4 kite sessions in, first was on a 10m & a Surfboard strapless. Then I rigged the 13m & went out on my 127. Last 2 sessions were on the 13m & a Surfboard strapless. Grabbed some lunch and went back to the beach for a couple of surf sessions. I'm whipped, but I have gear in the truck for an afterwork session today if it holds up!

Glad to see you guys have been getting some wind here, summers almost over. Bring on the GOOD winds!!