View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Skyway Scott

This definitely isn't a contest. I think Gary was just shorthanding there.
I am just trying to point out that non-kiting people read this and get "vibes" off it. I learned that after I bitched about Lassing and that guy's lights. I obviously have been no angel in the past regarding vocalizing my dislike of stuff. But, when a bigger threat comes up, how we sound on here might really matter. If it's a bigger deal, more non-kiters might be reading.
Anyway, just something to think about. To be honest, I am not planning on people taking my advice, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Unfortunately, "rights" can get limited. I remember when skis routinely pulled up at the 'tow or wherever they wanted. Not anymore. Jetskiers and businesses involved with jetskiing fought that... and lost.
Sure they are allowed in the water, but not on the beach in many areas. It's not impossible that something similar might happen to us. Hopefully it won't, but for the life of me, I can't see this coming year not being chock full of similar encounters regarding access. I am just hoping we work as a team to get through this stuff, as opposed to resorting to fighting. If we do discuss things in a heated fashion, we should do it off of here is my take.