View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Skyway Scott

Drove as far north as I could get before hitting CLW. It was pretty good (15 knots). It was one of those days where I thought it would blow up there and not do squat here in St. Pete. It blew pretty good there from about 2 til 7.
Our wind can definitely be localized.

Seeing TONS of tarpon along the beaches lately. Every time out recently I see at least 50 of them (in multiple pods). Kind of cool, but makes me a little nervous because of what follows the tarpon. The only time a shark checked me out real close (big bullshark followed me for several minutes) was when I was hanging with the tarpon pods in the channel of Egmont (dumb)

Friday was even better wind than yesterday (15-18 ), at the Undertow. Rode with Randy and Mark Olsen. Gorgeous days lately and luckily no hint of red tide yet. Anyone remember just how bad it was a few years ago in the summer? It was simply horrendous, unbearable for most. I think it lasted 3 months straight.

I noticed the Gulf water just warmed up quite a bit in the last few days. It stayed much cooler than normal (it was 8 degrees below average in the Gulf just 10 days ago) until recently. Nice to get a some good seabreezes in lately, especially this time of year.
Not so common.

Oh, IMO, something is seriously wrong out there at Lassing. The last time I went it literally smelled like 6 day old Rottweiler piss on a shag carpet.
I know low tide and marsh muds have "their smells", I did my master's thesis IN that crap and have smelled some bad smells, but that smell isn't typical at all, imo.
I ain't hopping in that whack water out there for awhile, something just isn't right.