View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Wow, this bad boy is a hurricane now. Can't make out an eye. Also, it seems to keep wanting to shear into two hemispheres as in the last couple of days. Hopefully, it will continue to be vacuumed off into the North Atlantic and into the past.

I bet there were some memorable sessions that came out of this one. Lets hear about them. Photos and video clips would be even better!

I had three sessions over the last three days, each with widely varying conditions and results using 7 to 11 m kites. The last was tonight, with side offshore GUSTY wind with nice big swells. The wind kept ripping foam in a spray off the breaking waves backlit by the sunset. Surreal. There was lots of wind shadow at times particularly nearshore. I think I spent most of the time over 1/2 mile from shore just to try to stay in more sustained wind. Every once in a while strong gusts would rotor in, ideally a nice head high or better smooth swell lined up at the same time to ramp off of at attack speed. Someone say "takeoff" and up you go!

I was hoping to get out earlier from work but two linear squall lines barreled over Delray spiking wind from near 0 to 35 kts. in a yoyo like fashion. What size do you rig for that?

So, what did you experience as the TS moved by?

btw here's a video from Monday, October 29, off Jupiter. Nicely put together and just before the storm, literally! Boosting some nice jumps. Wonder how things were there the next three days?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 11-02-2007 at 08:06 AM.