View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 01:56 PM

Default Idiots that can't drive suck.

On my way home from Lakeland yesterday, I got hit by some dude that didn't have a valid license, no insurance, and no registration.

It always has to be your new vehicle that gets hit, wtf!

I just got my truck and this jackass went across all 4 lanes, no signalling and very fast. Finally when he saw me he started to swerve back the other way... too late, he hit me.

It was on I-4 right at exit 7/SR 301.

I walked back to the guys, they immediatly offered to pay for the damage if I didn't call the cops.

I decided to write down info first, then take them off to the side into the nearest truck stop. I ended up talking to them for a little, trying to decide what to do... the guy driving had 400 bucs cash. They then tell me that the guy driving wasn't legit and there's no reason to worry, they'll pay for the damages and etc.

Well, they'd pay me 400 bucs, I'd call up to get the rest of the money and get screwed, so I decided to call the cops... I asked to use their cell phone and the guy driving complied, but the passanger said, "Well, we don't want anything happening to my friend here, we'll just pay for it, we also don't want anything happening to you."

Being alone at a truck stop with two other guys, both of which seem rather sketchy, I decide to take the phone into my truck and call from in there... little do they know, the reason I was in Lakeland was to purchase a Glock 19... so threats were of little use. I called 911 to get FHP there, got hung up on 5 times! I told the guys I called the FHP and they were on the way... the dude just says, "I'm not going to jail, see you later." So now it's a hit and run.

When the FHP pulls up, I give him my information and all the info I had on the other guys... he asks, "Have any weapons?" "Yes sir, I've got this knife clipped to my pocket and have a firearm in the glovebox."

He pulls out my newly aquired gun, tells me it's a felony. WTF?! Then he tells me, some cops will try to press it as concealed carry, although it really isn't (which I knew earlier) but it can still get held up in court if the gun isn't in a holster... he saw I just bought it, told me to buy a holster with a retention snap and it'd be fine... I didn't have my insurance info on me (new car, it was at home where I forgot it "doh!") so we waited for my parents to arive and just chit chatted about glocks and firearms in general...

Everything went through and we're trying to decide if we want to bring it up with the insurance agency at all...

The guy driving had his license suspended for 4 DUI's! The car wasn't registered, he wasn't allowed to drive, and he didn't have insurance.

Well, it just so happens that later that night they caught the guy and he has to pay all the damages... which I don't even plan on ever seeing.

So that's my story... Today I buffed out what I could/buffed out as much as I felt like before getting bored... and just mumbled incoherently to myself about how the hell some jackass can hit my new truck...

It's only minor damage, probably 800 bucs worth... I should've taken the 400 bucs... I buffed out most of the problem and there's only 2 small small dents...

On the way home to cheer myself up I stopped at Knights indoor shooting range to check range fees and rifles... There were plenty I liked that were under 400 bucs

Oh well, at least I had something to do yesterday and got my Glock...

Finally being 18 kicks ass...