Thread: kite names
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Thruster

I am very happy with my kites name. It applies in all sessions and other situations in life.

If I see a hot chick on the beach while I ride by doing a down winder, I think to myself "I sure would like to thrust her!!!".

When I ride at the backside and see a geriatric follow some other old geyser down the mangrove trail, I say to myself "damn, I don't even want to think about which one is the thruster and which is the buttster".

When I am at East Beach and go to bust out huge Billy Parker style air with a board off and handle pass mixed in for good measure, then remember that I ride with grace comparable to that of a 3 legged rhinoceros and let go with my rear hand too quickly. With the realization of how f*cked I am as the kite is already below me, along comes the mad rush of shells mud and crustaceans "thrusting" into my compression shorts as I smack into the flats. (I realize later that my "huge air" was an astounding 5-10 feet off the water)

Then of course when I pack it up and take my trusty kite home to the little lady, you can be rest assured that my "Thrusters" job has only just begun...

Last edited by toby wilson; 04-19-2007 at 11:02 PM.