View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey
Hehehe ... the luck didn't last very long.

"Go This Way, No, Go That Way Downwinder, That Wasn't."

It was kind of funny .... on the beach we all decided to go north to Ft. Lauderdale, but by the time I got out on the water, the people on the water decided we were going south, so I turned around and headed south, only to get pushed into the beach by the lifeguards. So I turned around and went north, and decided north was the better direction, but I saw that no one was following me so I headed back, only to realize I was losing ground, so I just thought SCREW IT, I'm going north ... so it was really nice to see Kent coming up behind me. I would have LOVED to have made it to Ft. Lauderdale, but there was just no way. I held on for as long as I could and tried every board-wiggling move I knew to stay upwind.
Even with all the confusion ~still scratching my head~ it was a beautiful day. Could have only been better if the wind had cooperated and blew NE :roll:
Then this might not have been a "Go This Way, No, Go That Way Downwinder" Couldn't have named it better myself Stacey

Either way it was a pleasure to meet everyone! I'm sure we'll get a chance to have a go at it again :wink: