View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 11:49 PM

Default Noob questions about tampa bay

I've been an avid motorcyclists for almost 3 years but i recently totaled my bike (im alright for the most part). And well the insurance company is being pretty generous with paying me for the bike. Their giving me $7000 for my bike that was worth around $5000. i was originally thinking about just going ahead and buying a better bike but now I'm toying with the idea of buying an equivalent bike for $5000 and then taking the other $2000 and learning how to kitesurf along with buying some gear.

If i do decide to kitesurf I'll probably be going out to Tampa bay or possibly somewhere in Sarasota. and i was wondering how often can you guys actually get out and ride. like on the average summer/spring/fall/winter week can you ride 2-3 days or 6-7, and on those days is there a certain time of day thats generally better than others? from what i understand you need 10 knots, i just don't know how often that happens or doesn't happen.

also ill probably be buying used gear, is there anything i should watch out for when buying used gear?