View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Type
brian, I'll take yours and other people's advice and stay away from BS, although the place would be great even for me on a cross-winder, every time I get there, the wind is dead on shore...
E-bone, I agree that ignorance is no excuse, but I'm still not all that sure what happened, I triple checked the lines after re-hooking them and even Tom checked them out when helping me launch, appeared to be OK.
I tried to hold the kite low , but I guess a gust of wind took it all the way up to 12 despite me trying to keep it down.
I think I might had it sheeted in too much with the power tuning knots, I'm still trying to figure out where to tie the lines depending on the wind conditions..
Only time I ever rig my kites differently is if it's blowing a HELL of a lot...

Otherwise they're always on the outside connection points on the middle knot. REALLY strong winds, I put the front lines on the knot closest to the kite.

Your kite is tuned right if when you have the trim strap all the way out (powered) and then pull the bar all the way in, the kite doesn't stall/the tips don't move towards eachother. If the kite oversheets, your kite isn't setup right.