View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

What do you do if the ocean is far away but you have a lake, a mud lake and wind?

"On the Snake River Plain in Idaho there exists a microculture of windsport enthusiasts. Mud Lake has a less than desirable shoreline. Windsurfers have been going to Mud Lake for over 20 years from all over SE Idaho and cut a path to the water. My friends and I from Jackson, Wyoming have begun to seek out the same wind for kitesurfing. Now we are becoming a part of the Mud Lake microculture. This is a short edit that trys to show our perspective on such a unique kitesurfing location.

I've shot the entire film on a Canon 60D and edited in Premiere Pro. As I move from single frame photography to film I'm finding lots of hurdles. Focus, camera settings, tripods, and editing are all relatively mind boggling. This is one of my first attemts and Hopefully they keep getting better. Thanks!"

It looks nippy but windy, not much obvious wind shadow either. Although could be east winds are kind of uneven from the diagram below. Ride on!

http://www.uusatrg.utah.edu/RBSMITH/...ys-geodyn.html

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi