Thread: anyone see..
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekristrudo View Post
East Beach is covered with palm trees, steel signs, steel poles, channel markers, and cars very close to shore. I was always taught it is an advanced riding location due to the obstacles. As far as I remember there have been more serious accidents at East Beach than at the skyway. Some required an ambulance and one a helicopter. Isn't that where bayflite earned his unfortunate nick name? As far as I am concerned both locations are dangerous regardless of wind direction because wind direction can change in an instant especially if it is a squall.
the reason EB has had the most accidents is because it has the most people riding it.... simple as that

and i think the point stevo was trying to make (atleast what i was thinking) was that on a NE wind, EB is sideshore, this means that is a strong gust hits and you lose control, you get drug along the shoreline instead of onshore like at the skyway..... much safer

and even though there are signs and trees... its still in my opinion one of the safer places to ride... i cant think of a safer place off the top of my head...

beaches have people and deep water
LP is onshore
SW has rocks
Sunset has a small launch area

maybe north beach (if theres not alot of people)