Thread: anyone see..
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 07:32 AM

Just throwin out things to think about. Spoke to some riders from East Beach yesterday, and the wind didn't get side off until late in the day. That is beside the point.

I always look for the best possible riding scenerio. That's just me. On an E or NE I always choose EB. For me, it feels like the safer option.

Yes, the wind was fine yesterday, but what if a nasty squall came through and caught just one off guard. That is all it takes right.....just one incident.

On those evenings of huge spikes out of the East, it seems riders at the Skyway are always the ones to suffer. Dragged onshore, released kites going over the interstate.
Remember the kid that got dragged into the rocks? The only reason Chris got into his mess last year at Dunedin was other riders were riding that spot and made it seem acceptable and ok. Well, those riders don't ride there anymore. They have images of Chris to remind them that it's a bad idea to ride the north side of the causeway.

The scene at Tiki beach was about as gruesome as it gets according to Neil. It has changed him, and how he is going to do things down there. One incident can have that kind of impact.

The biggest thing I have gained from the incident, is to spend a bit more time training new students about bad weather and what to look for. We should all make an effort to continue spreading the word about our weather. Scott and many others are leaders out there trying to get the word out especially as it is happening. Kevin is likely that rider that has been told 1000 times, but just doesn't listen. Well, he might listen now if he makes it through. Some have to learn things the hard way.