View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 PM

Default sorry... i'm long winded.

thank you moderators for opening this thread back up. After having a post based only on me and then not being able to reply was quite frustrating.

Bill, I have already sent you a PM advising you that yes, my "world class athlete" quote was obnoxious, but the rest of that post was actually sincere. I apologize if the whole thing came across that way. I am one of the slowest progressers the sport has probably seen in a while and part of that is lack of time on the water and part of that is having witnessed and heard about some nasty stuff over the past 3 years so I'm super paranoid. Most people know me and know that i've had a kite in the air for a long time and its actually really embarrassing to have to go out there and struggle so much. I get anxious every time. And that is why when people like Kent, (who i briefly met thru last year's race) give free instruction, I think its awesome and that's why i applauded him. That really had nothing to do with your accident and I agree, we should have been discussing that stuff under another thread because you pointed out in the beginning that you just wanted to acknowledge the good guys who helped you out.

If i had been in your situation, people would probably be discussing the first death due to kiting in the area, as I am not the strong, experienced kiter that you are and there is absolutely no sarcasm in this statement. There's no way that I could have reacted rationally as well as the fact that I'm not a big strong guy. As a race organizer, photographer and local kiter, i certainly don't want to be on anyone's "bitch" list. I try really hard to talk to different people and want to get along with everyone. I need to keep some of my thoughts to myself more and I apologize for telling everyone via a post that i thought you were acting cocky about the whole thing. Please know that I have no grudges against anyone on here including you (and rigger! ) so I hope you understand and accept my apology. I NEVER want to see anyone get hurt. I wish you a quick recovery and will see you at the beach soon. maybe when you are better we can do some photos of your post-accident session. should be fun...