Thread: anyone see..
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
Great to get that cleared up alittle. Putting pressure on the manufacturers to stop this crap would also be a plus. I saw alot of stuff that has to do with this thread when I worked at Best. I tried to change it but was very hard to do to a company that just cared about sales. Any joe-blow could sell Best kites on the beach by calling them and stateing that they wanted to be a retailer. You didn't even have to know how to kite or have a retail shop which is still the situation. At one time I found out that they (Best) were going to let a jet ski repair shop be a retailer. None of the guy there even new how to kite. They had actually gone to the shop that was a retailer and asked to barter for lessons and gear in trade for jet ski repairs. When the shop said no, the guys went home and called Best and said how do we become a retailer and Best said "your a retailer now". I put a stop to it but not without a struggle to get them to realize what they were doing was wrong. We must put some blame where blame is due. They still sell to anyone.

I hear ya Noel..... looks like nobody else cares or wants to say anything about it around here. Someone earlier posted something about the shop in Largo selling gear, but nothing about the other one....Hmmm

This is going to be discussed with the local surf shops soon, and hopefully they will see the light.