View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 01:11 PM

Ive had a lot of low wind experience on the 12m and found that sheeted out a bit is the key.. i can litterally move the bar 2 inches and watch the kite fly to the edge of the window and gather apparnet wind .. pretty amazing.

my c-kite riding lately, i have been trying to ride smaller kites and larger boards.. really trying to learn to fly (sine) the kite more effectively and become a better kite pilot. its easy enough to rig a bigger kite, but to fly a smaller kite takes some skill and I am trying to learn that .. its come in VERY handy when trying to get as much out of a 12m bow as possible.

i got tired of seeing Ebone out on his 9 meter waroo when I was trying desperately to fly a 15-C. decided then and there to do what i could to enhance my skills..

my high wind tactics are still a work in progress. Sunday the "super" gusts were almost too much to handle. sheeting out to the point that the trailing edges were flapping..
sheeted in a couple times and the kite fell back in the window, kite maintained its shape w/o flutter and I was able to edge and ride the gust out. gust died down, sheet out.. enjoy the ride.

Definitely, sheet out for a jump, attain the apex, sheet in, enjoy the view!!!! softly sheet out as you drop and you land gently.

the waroo stock bar has 25 or so inches of throw.. this is too much to my liking.. i can depower fully with about 15 inches or less... i am going to play around with the CL length a bit and find that happy medium.. probably shorten to 18 inches for the first go-round, adjust back lines accordingly, etc....

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa