View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: virgina key to mathenson race sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent
i'll be in tampa on saturday for the party and practice race. i was thinking of a down wind race in Miami on Sunday. nothing formal, 12 pk entry winner takes all. start at Virginia at 4:00. anyone in? it's only a 30 min ride in breeze. this would have to be informal. just a start and finish due to no permits, etc. this should be for only those that have good gear as the swim can be 5 hrs. plus if you break down in the wrong spot. this is a crossing, but a beach cruise.

after the race, it's food and beers at taco rico! let me know. don't want to waste the wind and this is good to tune up for the tampa bay and jupiter to ftl. race. less do it.

Kent
Hey Kent,

Sounds like a blast. I have been intrigued by your downwinder from around North Miami Beach (around 87th?) down to Matheson. Still, a shorter run would be fun too. Hope the wind gods are good to Florida this weekend! If not this time, I would really enjoy going at the run next time conditions and the will to do it strike. Lots of great kite stuff on tap for this weekend statewide!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi