View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 02:30 PM

Hi guys, you may notice that I deleted the names and photos on this post. This is getting much bigger than I expected. The reason that I put them up here was for the simple reason I can not be on the beach at every location, everytime it is windy to try and stop people from breaking the rules and jepodising our access. I need help from our community.
I in no way shape or form incurage any physical behaviour in dealing with these problems. People can be talked to and kites deflated. If that does not work then unfortunatly it will have to go to the authorities. If it does go that far who knows what might happen, it could even turn against us all as it is so much easier for city officials to ban us rarther than deal with ongoing problems, that they do not have the time for in the first place.
Our beaches will carry on getting busyer as time goes on but we need to set an example to the newcomers and instructors need to teach thier students more than just how to get up on a kite.
I love kiteboarding just as much as anyone, it is my passion, my job and a huge part of my life and it just turns my stomache that it could be gone at my local beach just because a couple of others think it would be easier that way.
Please, respect our rules, our beaches and our community.
Cheers...