View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Sounds like an epic session Mike! Your waves sound like something out of Tahiti. Could guys paddle into them? Do you have hard bottom out there in places or is it all sand?

When I arrived at Delray there were two guys undergoing instruction. They left after a while. For over two hours I had the entire launch to myself! The only explanation that I can think of is that they have run out of Deep Heat lotion at the drug store for all those sore riders out there. Imagine, blowing off 20 to 25 kt. winds, no squalls, great waves and sunny weather in the afternoon? Amazing.

I am not sure how I did it but I managed to get my kite caught in one of those waves and turned it into a soft pretzel. I couldn't get it sorted out with the wind loading, so deflated the leading edge, did the walk of shame back up the beach and started over.

I imagine your waves are shaped a bit differently around Boynton Inlet and the sand bar there. In Delray approaching low tide there was a fairly calm area out to about 100 yards followed by a zone of breakers about 30 yards wide. It was often calm enough to charge ramping waves at high speed and boost big. Anyway we could schedule a weekend of these conditions a couple of times a month?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi