View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 08:22 AM

That's funny, I just sold my 2003 11M GTO for $134 plus $35 shipping on Ebay. This is a 4 A YEAR OLD KITE!!! You are selling Best kites that you paid $300 for new 2 or 3 years ago Tom. Yeah you CAN find deals out there noob but beware of the condition, try and buy from a local (not me, mine are mostly all sold and the remaining ones sound like they are out of budget for you) but that way you can at least take a look at them. Also, look for people who are getting out of the sport because a lot of times they are much more willing to bargain just to get rid of all the gear just sitting in their garage. Finally, my opinion is that when buying a used kite, you may want to go with a little bit stronger made kite. The Best kites of today are great but the old ones were definitely pretty thin and stretched out MUCH easier than say a Cabrinha, Flexifoil or Slingshot. You can still find good deals on those brand kites, you just have to look a little harder...

I made that mistake with my car. I bought a KIA and now I'm paying for it. I have a part that is on backorder for 2 months and am now having to probably buy a new car just so I have a vehicle to drive. Hopefully this time I'll buy a Toyota or Honda...you get what you pay for.

As far as learning on a C kite, it will make you better in the long run Noob. If you can ride a C kite, you can ride a bow or a hybrid kite with ease. This isn't necessarily true vice-versa. Flat kite riders have to learn all over when they start dealing with the grunt of a C kite, especially at the kites upper end. Learning to depower by edging the power out of the kite is important in my opinion and is not being learned by today's newbies on flat kites. You may even find that you prefer C kites (I do) once you try a bow. Just my opinion.