View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 01:48 PM

Default Blue water white sand

Hi Rick:
I have been to the cays you are refering to with my waverunner and took my gear with me on the waverunner..The photos below are from the southern tip of the Ambergis Cays..This location , is called the Ambergis Cays and is the most beautiful place in the Island chain...You could kite to this area with a steady East wind but it could be risky without a rescue vessel. If the wind dies you could be stuck there. Not a person for miles to help you....It is about 4 miles south of the launch near the Airport. Just returned from there the other day with Neil and a few friends...We took a lot of Aerial shots of this area that I will be posting soon on my website. Future plans are to do a 25 mile downwinder from Great Harbour to Chub cay and have the plane pick us up at Chub..One caution is to keep far away from bone fishing boats. They frown upon waverunners and kiters disturbing their fishing.....also tide levels can be extreme from 3 foot deep areas that become dry sandbars 6 hours later....Hope to have you onboard for a future trip...I am addicted to this place...
Chris

This Island below is the small Island on the left side of the above picture.

Below: My Waverunner with Kite gear, hoping for some wind to kick in at Ambergis South

Last edited by KitesurfUSA; 03-20-2008 at 05:12 PM.