View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 07:23 AM

Default Stolen Gear Update

Well thanks to my buddy Rando, my kites that were stolen several months ago finally made an appearance. The bad news is that I had to pay Play it Again Sports in Tyrone $475 to get it back. Some jackwad named Brian Sheppard sold the stuff to him. He also wrote his name all over my kites. I do have this dudes phone number but he doesn't return calls so I will be hounding the SPPD to investigate. Does this sound fishy to anyone else?: A guy sells two kites, one is brand new (CORE 17M) that retails for $1600+, the other is older but worth a few hundred bucks, also a BRAVO kite pump that sells for over $400-all for $475. He has no control bars, nor the pump's charger or hoses. A quick internet search will show the worth of these items. Sort of like if a guy sells you a Rolex for $50, you know the score. What kiter would really sell equipment to a second hand sporting goods store anyway? Thanks to this forum and the tight knit kiting community I did get my stuff back. Just food for thought next time you buy something from Play It Again that it may be someones stolen item. I don't need the $475 but rest assured I won't give up or forget about it. Especially since everytime I fly my 17 that asswipe's name is staring me in the face.