View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:53 PM

Good, bring it on! I actually prefer debating objective results for kites. Things like light wind performance are very easy to objectively test. Either you can plane and ride up wind in light air or you can't. I feel pretty good about my chances in this test. To be honest, the only way that you can actually test the truest light air performance would be to use on of my course boards as they will allow us to get into the lowest ranges of wind. In short, there is tons of money on the line for light wind racing all over the world. If they worked, someone would use them. Ram guys generally get pretty fanatical over these things for one reason or another. I'm just looking at results and my experiences. Maybe I'll take a ride on Dr. Light Winds kite next time I see him out and check it again.

One thing is for sure and not really open for debate... when it goes bad on a ram it goes really bad. I started on rams before 99.9% of the people on this forum ever rode. I had my fair share of swims and still continue to see some pretty long ones for ram users when it goes wrong. This really doesn't exclusively apply rams in very light wind as no good LEI will launch in the lightest stuff anyway. In truth as long as you get it up quickly, a ram is probably better in this area.

In any case, think what you like, but if you really want to know the truth check it out for yourself. I hope I'm wrong because I'm not above buying a ram to kick Damo's ass in light wind racing if it helps!