View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 10:39 AM

Unfortunately the Thruster rides with exact specifications so I would have to even modify that bar some. Plus, I just bought 3 kites complete and they all have different sized bars, I just don't want to get into dropping another $200-$300 on a new bar right now. If I change my mind I will talk to Bayflite, heck we are part of the same outfit but I really like the Eclipse bars and am very comfortable on them. Plus, the CL replacement is only like $20 for the whole setup!!! I'll try and see what is up with the bar when I use the mickey mouse ear depower method.

I just went out into my garage and looked at the bar. The bar has a metal ring that is attached to one of the center leaders, then a stopper ball and then the leader goes through the mickey mouse ears. Looking at it now, it is obvious that if I threw the bar, it would travel up to the next stopper which is about 1/3 way up the lines and would have "fully depowered" the kite.

People who try it love the Thruster but only on the Thruster bar if you read the reviews. The kite gets horrible reviews on waroo bars or other bars citing high bar pressure and back stalling as negatives. So I would have needed to add extensions at the bar if I had bought the waroo bar.

If it aint broke, why fix it?

Last edited by toby wilson; 04-19-2007 at 12:55 PM.