View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 06:05 PM

problem is enforcing that someone has a certification..

who will be out there to police the place.

i know i wont. i usually have limited time to kite and i get to the beach, rig and ride. I typically never come off the water until i am done and then i pack up and leave.

i know a number of riders hang out on the beaches more than i but who wants to be the hall monitor ..

besides.. north skyway is not even a beach.. its just a turn about..

ft. desoto we would have to coordinate w/ the rangers .. thats official involvement that we would all like to avoid.

i TRULY think the best way to go about this is for the experienced riders to keep an eye out for any possible issues and be as professional and direct as possible.

we all know that there is a huge difference between this Rick guy's situation and the newbie on the beach that might be able to rig and somewhat ride and is showcasing some bad habits. Its the helpful attitude that will get the best response from those that want to learn and want to be involved in the sport.

ya .. there might be some times where you just want to go "what the F**K are you thinking !!!!!???!?!" ... but that gets you no where.

self policing is going to rest on the shoulders of the those that want to keep the launch areas safe.

no one else gives a crap if we have a place to ride or not.

instructors will need to solidify these habits as much as possible.. we will have to do the policing..

thats my 2 cents.

-b

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa