View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 08:36 PM

Backside was E>>>>P>>>>>I>>>>C!!!!

blazing winds and lots of water.

fully litt on 9m waroo. jumping higher than ever ...pulled my first backroll... (landed a few of em.. crashed a hell of a lot more)

only a few of us out there, but everyone was rockin and rollin. it was very gusty at times... bow kite conditions for sure.. ill let the C-kite guys give the skinny on how it was for them.. i never once felt out of control w/ the gusts. Today combined with Sunday just solidified my waroo purchases as pretty much the best thing i have done with this sport. I had a BLAST today and Sunday and on a C-kite I think I would have had fun but not felt like I could try new tricks or try to jump higher.

Toby had a bit of trouble staying upwind later in the afternoon and ended up down the beach .. he was body dragging for his board. Dan was down riding near him making sure he was OK.. he was in control.

Dan came in and i rode down to check up on him and Dan came down the beach to help him land. They got his kite down and back up the beach. he was a ways down there.. about 200 yards from the bridge.. maybe closer..

apparently someone called 911.

about 3 minutes after his kite was back at the beach an ambulance, firetruck and a coast guard boat all show up. they talked to Toby.. Dan gave a thumbs up to the boat and they sped away..

was cool they got there so fast and ensured everyone was OK. they didnt seem upset that it was a non-emergency.. but if Toby had been riding alone (and I know he would not have been) it was reassuring that they could have been there to help out.

Wolfie will have to tell you about his altercation with a freak on the beach....

im sore and hungry.

-b

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa