View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Good one!

Here's a good one. Gabe and I were kiting early Christmas morning when that nasty storm was approaching. Winds were 20 knts and on the increase. Beach was empty and it was time to come as we were getting over powered on 9m and 12 m. Anyway, big dude with family on the beach was watching us. We didn't want to self land in those winds so I walked over to ask him "Can you give me a hand getting my kite down?" Before he got done saying "sure", he grabbed my bar and starting to send my kite toward the ground of course powering it up. Quickly got a faceplant in the sand and starting to drag down the beach.

Luckily kite hit sand, and I quickly got it back up in the air. Thank you bow kite. Saved my ass once again. So with a face full of sand, walked up to the guy and said "man, don't touch anything until I explain what it going to happen." We got the kites down and went home.

Lesson learned......next time I approach a non kiter for help the conversation will go something like this....."Please don't touch anything, but do you think you could help me get my kite down?" It's amazing what we learn through experience.