View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:25 AM

I drove out to the beach at 10:45. It wasn't all that windy.
I think it is going to rain briefly out there in the next 20 to 30 minutes, then get windy. I will be out at Upham around 3:30 if anyone wants to show up.

Yeah Danny, the newer 9m 'roos have a ton of low end and "lost" some top end. I personally feel that the older 'roos were just plain dangerous at (and past) their top ends and people shouldn't have been on the '06 9m in more than 30 (although I saw it all the time). In those speeds, the kite's shape was severely distorted, and I feel the kite was dangerous for many reasons, one being possible inversion. The other isn't as obvious to some, but accidentally powering it up when near shore, or having a bridle snap could kill when severely overpowered.
So, I sort of feel like the newer 'roos don't let you get in trouble by riding a kite way over it's safe top end, unlike in the past when the option (although not a good one) was possible. Some kites still have this unsafe perceived safety feature of "100% depower", and I think it's lame.

Yep, I still have the '06 7m Ozone and it's still the kite with the sickest top end and gust control I have ever ridden.