View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Skyway Scott

Let us know, for sure. It's all relative. The students at UF seemed more serious, the ones at UCF were "crazy"!
Not to try to out do you, but I saw UF go from the top rated party school to a "real" school, pretty fast, about 20 years ago (again, it's all relative).
I don't doubt the parties were good (most are) when you were there, but imagine an open campus, every single frat loaded with free drinks and the ability to walk in most at will, just going down frat row. I was not much of a partier in college (too much work) but when I did, I did it right.

It went from being a free for all on frat row and the plaza (rock bands, parties all the time) to being basically controlled, in terms of mass parties on a large scale. UF made a concerted effort to get rid of the party school image, and believe me, it showed. It's funny, you don't notice something until it's gone, and often, you never know something was possible, unless you have had it.

Anyway, that place was crazy up until about 84 to 87, then it got locked down, relatively speaking.
BTW, crazy for me now would be staying up until 11 pm and watching a movie ( )

If you can't tell, yes, I am reminiscing on glory days. Us old guys do that when you youngin's bitch about having to "choose" :mrgreen:
Have a great time! All parties are good, imo.

Oh, it was windy today. I didn't see that coming, but took it when it came.