View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

In writing this I had a thought,

The FKA pledges private donations of $1.00 for each person attending the premier during Surf Expo to be given to the American Red Cross to benefit victims of Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Of Mexico. These funds have nothing to do with the $5. ticket price being collected by The Social. I think that is the gate fee for the club for putting on the event.

I tossed the idea out to Paul Menta from The Kitehouse who also pledged $1.00 donation to the American Red Cross for each person attending the premier.

Now, here's a challenge, who else, businesses or individuals are with us on this? Who will put up money to be donated to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Katrina relief? Outright donations or matching donations based upon attendance at the premier? Come on folks this is for a good cause.

Post here or via PM to RickI if you want to participate. We will let you know what the attendance was after at the Premier. You can make your online donations here:

https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

Send along your donation receipt dated from today on, to the American Red Cross and we'll put your name up with a very hearty THANK YOU!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi